Thursday, April 3, 2008

Double Take Thursday - Inkadinkado

Holy smokes Batman, it's Double Take Thursday and I almost forgot to post. Ugh! I was on my way out the door when I remember, so here I am showing off my Inkadinkado card. Kim thought it would be fun to use one of our Inkadinkado stamps, and this one just happened to be on the top of my stamp pile. Don't forget to take a peak at Kim's beautiful creation.

The background technique came from a recent issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter.

Footprints is one of my very favourite poems. I own the Footprints book, written by Margaret Fishback Powers, and author of the poem. The book describes how she lost the poem in a box during move. Margaret shared her feelings of sadness, and anger, with this loss, and talked about the feelings she had when she came upon this poem, in the tackiest of forms, everywhere she looked. Margaret struggled and fought to win the right to have her name attached to this poem, and I am so glad she was able to win. This book is a delightful read, and I just happen to be reading it again.

Well, I'm off to beer and wings with my friends. Enjoy your evening.

Stamp: Inkadinkado, French Flourish by SU; Medium: watercolour pencil crayons, watercolour crayons.

Hugs,
Beth

7 comments:

Kim H. said...

WOW this is so gorgeous! Love foot prints my self! Hope you have a wonderful time at beer and wings night!

Kim said...

This is just beautiful Beth!! So elegant! Thank you for sharing and hope you had a good time last night! Thanks for playing again too!!!

Penny said...

Oh my, this is just PERFECT! I love the saying and the way you've made it look so beachy.

Alexandra said...

Beautiful card Beth - I love this!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Joan and Amy said...

I love this poem and your card is beautiful. Joan

Corie said...

This is so beautiful -- your colors are always the best!!

Ila said...

Gorgeous card Beth!!...one of my favorite poems as well.