Thursday, May 15, 2008

Double Take Thursday

Good afternoon! It's that time in the week--when Kim and I have you do a double-take. This week Kim challenged me to create a card with a bird.

My background is a technique called, Joseph's Coat With a Twist, and came from the 10-05 issue of the TECHNIQUE JUNKIE NEWSLETTER. Isn't it purdy? Every time I create a new technique from the Newsletter, it becomes my favourite, but I think in this case, this one is staying at the top of my list.

Coordinating paper comes from SU--Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron. This is now one of my favourite colour combinations, thanks to my girlfriend, Sue, who demo'd my SU party last night. I will definately show you the cards that we made because they are so darn cute!

The Inkadinkado bird was stamped in Adirondack's Wild Plum. The background flower is also Inkadinkado.

Don't forget to go and take a peak at the card that Kim made--Wowza, Wowza, Wowza. She rocked this challenge again!


14 comments:

Kim said...

Beth, your card is just gorgeous!! It's funny, but that is the bird stamp I was planning on using until I received the owl set! lol..I love your background too, can you share how you did it? BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! and 5 layers...NOT a problem! LOL

Kim H. said...

Holey mackerel, this is so gorgeous! I love that background! I think I am going to have to dig out my TJ newsletter and find out how to do that! LOVE IT!

Penny said...

*jaw drops on floor*

WOW! I LOVE this - the background is amazing!! I think I have figured out how to do it....OK, definately going to have a go myself now!

malieta said...

Wow Beth....this card is gorgeous!!!!
malieta:)

Heather Grow said...

What a beautiful explosion of color. Love it!

Ila said...

Wowza Beth!! This is so Beautiful!! The background is Amazing!!

Silli said...

Oh Beth..., this is so beautiful. I love the little bird...:-) Your work is so great! Thanks for the info from Soest...:-)
Bye from Berlin...:-) Silke

Michelle said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love it!

Joan said...

Oh, this is absolutely beautiful. Joan

nitestamper said...

gorgeous card !!!!!!!!!!!and the background so rich and colorful !!!!!!
tfs:)
chat

Alexandra said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS Beth! I love that background and the bird is really cute! Great card, girl!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Simply gorgeous! Love it!
:-)

Anke said...

Wonderful card

antjeegypt said...

this bird is awesome - I will try to find out, about how to make that BG !