Monday, March 24, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Adirondack Dabbers

It's Tutorial Tuesday once again, and today I am introducing you to a technique using Adirondack's acrylic paint dabber. This is a messy technique, so wear an apron, and protect the area around you. Personally, I stood by the bathroom sink to be beside a good water supply. Wipes were on hand to wash my walls. Messy, but fun!

Hold your paint dabber under a running tap. Pounce your dabber on a test sheet of paper. Once your dabber releases paint, you are ready to pounce your dabber onto your "good" sheet of paper, with heavy force. After dabbing twice, place dabber under running water and repeat. Heavy force is needed to give you that splatter look.





Pictured are samples using Stream, Terra Cotta and Wild Plum










Once completely dry, you are ready to finish your card.

14 comments:

Celine said...

Great idea! I love what you've done with that card!
Very original!

K Hutchinson said...

WOW I love this affect it is so Jackson Pollock....which I love! Makes a super Fun background!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OOOOOOOOOh super fun!!....did you get a picture of yourself(& the bathroom) when you were finished?....I will definitely try this one....BUT, dont think I will TEACH it to my group of ladies....my bathroom in the studio is NOT THAT BIG!!...lol....have a blessed day!

pescbrico said...

Thank you so much for you beautiful card :) I just get it today :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

That looks super cool...
( how much paint were you wearing when you were done?) :)

Alex said...

totally cute Beth - TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Ila said...

I love this card Beth!!..your tutorial is awesome...what a lovely background!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! This is such a good idea and very different from using already made paper. Adds a special touch to the whole card :)

Corie said...

This is just FANTASTIC -- love the card, so adorable!!

Janine said...

Great idea!!! I would have to wear a green garbage bag from head to toe...

Anonymous said...

Great Idea ! I'll try it but in my sink too ,-)

Etha said...

boy I really like the looks of this, but I think I'll leave this technique to when I can work outside in the summer LOL, somehow cleaning my bathroom walls doesn't appeal right now, giggle.

Paula said...

I wondered how you used them. This is a great effect. Guess what I'm going to buy next!

Far North said...

Terrific technique Beth! I purchased a few dabblers to try but had to have more. After buying more they are on my must have list! Did you know Ranger recomends storing them upside down? It helps with that start up issue.