Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Post-It Note Holder

Welcome to Sunflowers and Dragonflies Tutorial Tuesday. You might wonder why I am posting a tutorial that has been around for ages. Well, I decided that it was time to dig out some popular older tutorials and dust the cobwebs off. With fresh new designs, designer papers, and new stampers, I thought it would benefit us all to revisit older tutorials. Believe it or not, this was my first ever attempt at making a post-it note holder. Can you believe that?!




Cut cardstock to size 7 1/2" x 3 1/2" and score at 3 1/2" and 4". It's that simple. You are now ready to decorate your cover. When you adhere your post-it notes into your holder, glue the pad in place.







There are many ways to decorate your holder. To double-mat, cut the bottom mat 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" and cut top mat 3" x 3". Top mat corners were cut with decorative scissors. Brads were placed into the bottom mat.

Why not add a sentiment? A colour choice, such as gold and brown, is perfect for that man in your life.

Have fun with your post-it note holder!

12 comments:

pescbrico said...

REally cute! Thanks for the idea!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

these are amazing !!!!thanks for sharing it !!!
chat

Tina said...

Who would have thought they were that easy?! Thanks for sharing.

K Hutchinson said...

So dang wonderful! I love that stamp too! This is a home run!

Alex said...

These are really really cute Beth and make great hostess gifts - TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tami Bayer said...

I love oldies but goodies. You really updated these with your great stamping.

Maria said...

The oldies but goodies are great! Sometimes they are forgetten, lost in all the new stuff. Thank you for the tutorial! Your post-it note holders are beautiful!

Maria

justthesmallstuff said...

I love this idea, but I'm looking at them as altered art covers.
Charleen

Ila said...

These are all Sper Cute!!..what a great idea....TFS!!

Diane said...

Awesome idea!!!Love the tutorial!
Thanks for stopping by on my blog!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable . . . great idea I must try. TFS
Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog . . . much appreciated.
Hugs,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for this tutorial . Sometimes we forget the old ones !
:-)