Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tutorial Tuesday - Clear Resist Techniques



Supplies:

Clear Resist ink pad
Variety of coloured ink pads
Glossy cardstock
Stamp
Sponge


Ink your stamp into the clear resist pad and stamp it onto your glossy paper. Let dry approximately 10 minutes. You can use your heat gun to speed up the drying process.
Tear a scrap piece of paper, making sure it is long enough to cover your card.
Lay your paper over your card, leaving an inch to ink with your sponge.
Continue to ink your card.
When finished, you are ready to complete your card.
Sponging colour randomly with a sponge is another way of decorating the card.
See what happens when you don't wear gloves?
I thought I would try a little vintage with this technique to show you how versatile this technique can be. When using a photo-like stamp, the image looks like a negative, so to give a nice detail of the face, I restamped the image onto cardstock and glued it on top of the resisted image.
Here I chose to add embellishments. I wanted to keep the "art" look of the card and stamped a flower onto a piece of polished stone paper. After cutting out the flowers, I adhered them down the spine of the card with glue dots.
I kept this as a one-layer card. There is so much one can do to make the one layer card interesting. By adding a sentiment, stamping over top of the resisted flower with a coloured flower, and adding dragonflies, there is enough interest without having to add embellishments.

11 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Golly gee what a dynamite technique! I love both pieces! You are alway so awe inspiring to me with these kick-ass techniques you are teaching us all! I have to finish organizing my studio so I can play today!

Suzy said...

So pretty it needs no layers - love it.

Suzy

Ila said...

Fabulous...I love this tutorial and the cards are Gorgeous!!

Risa said...

I love your tutorials Beth, and your cards are just lovely!
malieta:)

pescbrico said...

I always love to see your technics :) Thanks for doing all that for us!

Tami Bayer said...

Amazing tutorial. I wonder if the Judikins micro glaze that I have would work this way. Hmmmm...

Penny said...

Cool technique!

Kim Burmeister said...

Awesome tutorial, Beth! Love how you used different colors.

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial! And you made some absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards!!

xxxMarieke

Dawn Wheeler said...

What a great technique Beth ,the cards you made look stunning ,Dawnx

Heather said...

Neat tutorial!