Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Oragami Shirt & Tie


Supplies:

Scor-Pal or score blade
4" x 6" double sided paper














Score paper at 1" on the left and right side of paper. Fold flat.









Fold along the score line and place the 1/2" of paper so that it lays on the side of the shirt with no crease.















Lay shirt wrong side up. Grasp the top right corner and pull down until the corner touches the centre of the shirt. Repeat with the left side.












Bring the bottom edge of the shirt upwards and tuck it under the collar. Create a crisp crease on the bottom.












Take the shirt from under the collar and lay flat. Here the sleeves are being made. Fold paper from the edge of the paper to the centre of the shirt.











Fold shirt at the score line and tuck the end of the shirt up under the collar.










Your cute little shirt is ready to decorate.

An oragami tie follows next...











Cut a 2" x 2" square for the tie.
















Fold tie in half.
















Fold over the left and right side of the tie to look like this photo.














Fold over the top of the tie, approximately one-third the way up.


















Bend the edge of the piece so the edge of the point matches with the top of the tie.













Fold the little flap over to the underside of the tie.














Lay tie flat.













Fold the right edge over. The edge should be matched with the center of the tie. Repeat with left side.









Isn't this just the cutest thing you've seen?








Stamps: SU Designer Paper
Resources: Cambria Turnbow and Barefoot Stamper


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cards are great and thank you for those last tutorials !!
I think I will combine this one with the box to offer to my dad on Father's day next sunday !
Stamping hugs

LaurenceB

Marja Sch said...

Thanks Beth for the lovely tutorial. Hugs Marja

Janine said...

Fabulous Beth! These little shirts are so much fun to make.

K Hutchinson said...

This is just the best tutorial with Father's day this weekend! I love it and will making one!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Super cute!!!! LOVE today's tutorial!

Alex said...

Yep, totally stinkin' cute!! I am sooo making one of these for my husband - I love this! Thanks for the tute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jennifer E. said...

Beth-What perfect timing for this tutorial! Would you believe I purchased store-bought Father's Day cards & now I wish I hadn't. I could have made my own with this tutorial--so cute! What a great idea!

Noel said...

Beth!Beth! Please accept the TX size hugs from me!

I've been looking for the tie's tutorial for a while. You rocks!!

Noel

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS!! I love your tutorial. TFS!!

Kimmy said...

You're back!YAY! I told your mojo to get back to you since you sounded bummed out the other day. Now look at you oragami! How cool! Thanks for sharing and I have to try your stamp cleaner mix. HUGS

Heather Grow said...

I love origami. I don't have a score pal but now I'm thinking that I need to get one. It looks like it totally makes all the creasing and folding easier.

paru's_circle said...

awesome!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Amazing tutorial! Love it. (I need me a scorepal now) ;0)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ooohhh Beth! This is great. Thank you so much for your super tutorials. Just a super card!

Risa said...

Thank you for this awesome tutorial Beth! I'm going to save this tutorial and practice making these adorable shirts!
malieta:)

emi(rubita) said...

I miss you very.
I broke a letter to the friend in this way and, in the days of a student, made it.

Ila said...

Oh Beth!! I love this tutorial...this is just wonderful!! TFS!!

emilia in Taiwan said...

what a great great useful tutorial!! Thank you!!

Cathrine StClair said...

Oh My! What a wonderful, cute project. Thanks for the tutorial

Eleanor said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Thanh Vo said...

FANTASTIC tutorial Beth! Thank you.

Kathy said...

I love this card and thanks for showing us how to make the shirt and tie!