Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Recycled restaurant coaster card

Welcome to Sunflowers and Dragonflies' Tutorial Tuesday. Do you ever wonder what you can do with restaurant coasters? Well, today I'm going to show you. Beate, on SCS, posted a tutorial a similar tutorial, using a larger size. Today I want to show you what to do with a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" coaster. Let's get started, shall we.



Supplies:

Paper cutter
Score blade
Coluzzle system with oval





You will need:

3 1/2" x 3 1/2" coasters (pictured)
2 pieces of 4" x 4" designer paper
2 pieces of 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" cardstock (in this photo, pink)
1 piece of cardstock 3 1/4" x 7" (in this photo, blue)
1 piece of 3 1/4" x 10 1/2" cardstock (in this photo blue)





Tape coaster to the centre of 4" x 4" cardstock. Cut the corners on an angle, as shown, leaving 1/16" paper between the coaster and angle cut--do not cut right up to the edge of the coaster.









Place double-sided tape around all four edges, and adhere to coaster.









Place 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" cardstock over wrong side of coaster, covering the edges you just adhered down.










Score 3 1/4" x 7" of cardstock at the 3 1/2" mark and 7" mark. Score 3 1/4" x 10 1/2" cardstock at 3 1/2".











Cut an oval on the end of the longest strip. Adhere your coloured image onto the right side of the 3 1/4" x 7" strip (the shortest).











Glue the oval over top of the coloured image. Glue left and right side of ends directly onto wrong side of coaster.









Finish decorating the inside of your card.










Close up of image.












Close up of image.











Close up of front cover.








Images: All images justjohanna; Designer Paper: K&Co; Cardstock: bright pink and blue, source unknown; Colour Medium: Lyra watercolour pencil crayons, Twinkling H2O's, Prismacolour pencil crayon









14 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Holey guacamole you cover a rita coaster! LOL! I love this project. Your coloring is outstanding! Super duper fun card! I have to make one of these! Not sure I can do the oval thingie (no oval cutter)- but the rest I can do! I :heart: my scor-pal!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth ,
Sorry for not coming on your blog for a few days , but I had a lumbago and couldn't stand up !
I've seen all your last creations and they are beautyiful !!
Congratulations for joining Johanna's DT ! I love her stamps !
Stamping hugs
LaurenceB

Ila said...

Wow!!what a Gorgeous project!! I don't know how you keep coming up with these fantastic ideas...but I love them!!

Alex said...

How totally cute this is Beth!! I love what you did with this - you are soo stinkin' creative girl, just love ya!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Risa said...

Hi Beth!

I love your tutorial, and the final project is awesome! I also think that those stamps are super cute and your coloring is spot on.
malieta:)

Silli said...

thanks for the tutorial... Its great! Bye Silli

Em said...

What a completely fab idea! Love it!

I have some beer mats somewhere - can't wait to tart them up now lol!

Kara Ward said...

I love your tutorials...so much talent...Kara

Eleanor said...

Nice! I love your coloring.

Debbie said...

How in the world did I miss this project?? You ROCK!!! with the coloring on this. OMG, I am in awe. Fantastic, girl!

Kathi said...

Wow! Totally gorgeous. The coloring, papers, and everything else is just wonderful.

Thanks for the tutorial. It'll come in helpful as I have a motherlode of coasters that I purchased and (ahem) swiped.

Shirley said...

This is so cute, adorable, and of course, just beautiful, like all of lyour cards. TFS, Beth

Anonymous said...

What an awesome project! rita

CreativeMish said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for sharing!