Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tutorial Tuesday - Criss Cross Card

Welcome to Sunflowers and Dragonflies Tutorial Tuesday. Recently Linda SS requested that I do a tutorial on criss cross cards, and I am pleased to help her out. Many of you will recognize this card, as it has been around for a long time. If you haven't tried to make one, now is your opportunity. This week, I am offering up a surprise for someone who completes my tutorial. Link me to your card, or e-mail me your card, and I will put your name into a draw. You can enter as often as you wish. All you have to do is create a new card. Have fun. I'm anxious to see how you embellish your cards.

SUPPLIES:
2 - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (backing and front mat)
1 - 4 3/4" x 3 3/4" (insert)
2 - 5 1/4" x 4" (decorative front)
Double-sided tape
Rubber stamp
Ink

Place one 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cardstock for mat into the paper cutter and cut on a diagonal.

Place 5 1/4" x 4" decorative paper into the paper cutter and cut on a diagonal. With second 5 1/4" x 4" decorative paper, place paper into paper cutter and cut diagonal from the opposite corner-to-corner that you just cut. Cuts will be at different angles as shown in this photo. (This step might not make sense when you are reading this, but it will once your paper is in the paper cutter)

Take a decorative paper from each of the two fronts you just cut, and place them onto the mat as shown in this photo.

Adhere double-sided tape along the side and bottom of the card front. Do not place tape along the diagonal cut.

Place card fronts so that the cards criss cross like an envelope. Slip the insert into the card.

Your card is now ready to be embellished.






17 comments:

Alex said...

Ya know, I have yet to do one of these (sad, but true) and I think I will now! Thanks for the tutorial Beth, you rock! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nowalinka said...

Funny card, i like it.

K Hutchinson said...

What a pretty card! I think I have to make me one of these! I agree with Alex YOU ROCK!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

SUPER Tute, Beth....I havent tried it yet...but will definitely join in the FUN!...TFS!!

Ila said...

Pretty card and Great tutorial...if I get a chance I'm in too.

Sheila D. Staves said...

I've done a couple of the criss-cross cards. Here's a link to view them: http://statgalgetscreative.blogspot.com/search/label/criss-cross%20pocket%20card

Lia said...

it is a beuatiful card, I love it

The Dolphin Inn said...

Thankyou for the tutorial, I saw these a little while ago but didn't get round to making any. Thanks to you, I finished 3 of them, I would love to join in the fun, my cards are here http://tj-runningwithscissors.blogspot.com/2008/01/criss-cross-cards.html, hope you like them

My Paper World said...

Wow! It looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Nicola xx

Shirley said...

What a super creative card! I love that stamp too! I think Stampin' Up usually has great Sellabration Stamps. TFS

Maria said...

Hey Beth! Awesome tutorial and your criss-cross card is fabulous! I think I'm the only person in stamp land that never made a criss-cross card. I have to try it one day! I love all the dots on your card!

Maria

Janine said...

This is a really nice card. I love the look. How are things going? Are you staying warm??

K Hutchinson said...

here is mine card:

http://runningonink.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-fri-cake-day.html

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Hi Beth, You've done a wonderful job with your tutorial for the criss cross card. I made a couple of cards a couple of weeks ago. Here are the links on my blog:

http://thimblesbobbinspaperandink.blogspot.com/2008/01/you-have-me-in-stitches.html

and

http://thimblesbobbinspaperandink.blogspot.com/2008/01/criss-cross-card.html

~ Jennifer

Corie said...

WOW -- what a great criss cross card.

CreativeMish said...

thanks for the tutorial! I've been wanting to make one of these criss cross cards! I didn't realize the front was separate pieces! wow! how simple!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Cool Tutorial. I would have never thought it was that easy. You ROCK! (and I wrote that before I read that everyone agrees--heehee! I hafta try one of these right NOW. :0) Mel