Monday, October 15, 2007

You're Invited


Good Monday morning. Today I am showing you my first attempt at the pocket card. Although this card was made for a scrapbook swap on Canadian Scrap'n Swap, I think it would make an excellent party invitation. Stamps used are from the Hero Arts Clear Design line. Each image shown is from the same package of stamps.

The template for this pattern was downloaded from Splitcoast Stampers, and can be found here. Next, I scaled the pattern down to 76% of size and cut out the template for tracing. Template was traced onto black cardstock and folded appropriately. Back tabs were adhered with double-sided tape. Rather than use the tag, supplied on the template, I cut my black tag to measure 3 1/4" x 5 1/2". Orange cardstock was cut slightly smaller and layered on top of the black cardstock. The orange layer, on the front of the card, was cut 3 1/4" x 2 3/4", and the purple cardstock was cut slightly smaller. Moon was punched with a 1 1/4" punch, and bats were stamped onto moon in black. The house and tree image was stamped onto the purple cardstock, and again on yellow and white. Yellow windows were cut out and adhered with a glue pen. White ghost was cut out and adhered with a glue pen as well. For the design on the tag, I used a 2" scallop punch on black cardstock, and cut lime green cardstock to 1 5/8" x 1 5/8". The pumpkin was stamped onto orange cardstock and mounted onto background square, tilting the square so that it points up.

I will be away for a couple of days. Tutorial Tuesday will resume next week. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First attempt??? It's totally great! I just love the Halloween colours!!

xxxMarieke

michelle sturgeon said...

Well, it looks really great! I love Halloween stuff!

Maria said...

Fabulous card Beth! I love the layout and the cute images! Great job on your first attempt on this type of card.

Maria

K Hutchinson said...

WOW it is fabulous! Sam turns 5 next month that would be great to use as an invite for his party!

Enjoy your time away- I will miss you!

Renée Storch said...

I love it, you did a great job. I really like that pumpkin, it's so cute!

Anonymous said...

ohh it is a beautiful card! love it!

Risa said...

Your pocket card is awesome Beth!
Malieta:)

Scrappy Moments said...

Fisrt Attemp at a Pocket Card? Wow, My First attempts never turn out like this Incredible.Good Luck in the contest :)

Angie