Friday, July 11, 2008

Batique Sympathy Greetings

Hi there folks. This week I had major computer woes. Why don't I ever learn to back up? Ohhh, I am so terribly bad. Sadly, my studio computer died. Did I back up my photos that accumulated for two years? Did I back up 200 Odd Bird Planet cards that I had yet to post on my blog and in galleries? Did I back up my favourites? How about my resume? How about my important files? Nope. Nada. No. Sad, sad, sad. Donnie was a sweetie and uploaded Kodak Easy Share on my laptop, so that's why I'm able to post for you today. He then took his computer and put it into my studio. What a sweetie! Thanks honey! Two people and we have three computers in the house. When one crashes, my life is in a state of turmoil.

Sadly, because of my computer woes, I was not able to post this card in time for Catherine's challenge. I used her picture as inspiration for my sympathy card. Steps to creating this card:

1. Created a faux batik background on homemade paper with a skeleton leaf.
2. Stamped image from the SU Lovely As A Tree set. Stamped sentiment from Inkadinkado.
3. Double matted the tree in black and green. Matted the sentiment in black.
4. Glued Tree to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch background. Placed pop dots under sentiment and adhered
image to background.

Next Saturday I will have a scrapbook layout to show you. Alex posts layouts every Saturday and I thought that if I join in, I too could catch up with my photos. Ummm, well, I guess I have nothing to use for catching up, but I do have some odds and ends that I can scrap.

I'm also excited to tell you my new block will be up in a day or two, so stay tuned.

Bye for now....