Friday, November 2, 2007

CD Calendar

Wow, is it Friday already? I can't believe what a stressful, and quick week, this has been. I know you can relate when I say "stress overload." This posting almost got missed because I was so involved in my card making orders that I completely forgot to post. Then, when I went to post, Feedblitz wasn't accepting my password and I started to freak out thinking someone changed my password. After three attempts, I finally got in. With the way the week has been going, that was something I could have done without. And, if things weren't bad enough, I had to delete two mean-spirited comments that were left on my blog. I was warned that I would open myself up to these kind of statements when I started to blog, but I simply don't have a thick skin. Have any of you had this happen? I'm curious to hear all about it. One last thing, if I'm a regular commenter on your blog, please forgive me for neglecting to say hello this week; I haven't been on the computer much at all this week. In fact, I may go on just once a day to see what jumped into my in-box, and clear necessary junk off of my blog. Anyho, enough of that grumbling, and on to better things, better thoughts, and better carma.

Have you seen those cute calendars around that use a CD case as a calendar holder? Don't you think they are so fun? This is my first attempt at making one of those calendars. What spurred me on? Well, Sunshine Designs had a contest that called for using one of their "sprig" or "branch" stamps, and this is what I came up with. The same stamp was used for both months. The pumpkin vines were made by colouring the stamp with Tombow markers, leaving out the flower portion of the stamp. Have a wonderful weekend. Don't forget to turn back your clocks on Sunday.

5 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Good Golly Miss Molly...these pages are awesome! So sorry people are being butt heads and leaving mean comments on your blog that just is not right! I have not had it happen yet (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood!)

Hope things settle down for you a bit! I miss you!

Heather Grow said...

Super fun. They look professional.

Ila said...

These are Fabulous!! Would this ever make a Wonderful gift.
So far I have never got any nasty comments...but I'll be on the lookout now. So sorry this has happened to you..some people..have they nothing better to do?? ...hugs..Ila

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

What in the World!!!????....I have no idea what would "possess" someone to even THINK about leaving a rude comment....Thank goodness for the "delete" button!....LOVE the CD calendar idea!...your blog is ALWAYS inspirational to me!!

Maria said...

It's terrible that someone would be so mean to leave nasty comments. What were their issues? I can't imagine why they would. . .you're such a nice person and is doing a wonderful service to readers. I've been lucky because I really haven't received any hate comments even when I'm post opinionated commentaries.

I love your calender project. I always like to see how people use different products to create wonderful things!!

Maria