Thursday, March 20, 2008

Double Take Thursday



Hello. Nice to have you visit again. Today is Double Take Thursday. Can you guess what Kim challenged me to do? What gave it away? The baby shoes? LOL.


Yes, Kim did indeed challenge me to make a baby card. Can you believe this is the first baby card I made? Mmm, at least I think it is. Let's peak at what cute card Kim came up with.


When I saw Lauren Meader's card and tutorial, I knew that I wanted to try it. I'm so in love with this pattern, that I'm going to make about 20 of them to have on hand for me and my sister.


What did I learn from this challenge? That's easy--I do not have any baby images. Guess I need to change that! Any excuse to buy rubber, eh? (yes, I'm Canadian and overuse the word "eh", but really, I don't know I'm even using it).


Stamp: Zoofari; Paper: Barely Banana, Cool Caribbean; Eyelits: source unknown; Embossing Powder: Baby Blue Pastel by Stamp n Stuff; VersaMark pen; black pen used to make stitch lines.


Thank you for stopping by,

Beth

13 comments:

Kim said...

This is so adorable Beth!! I love it!! I have wanted to try Lauren's tutorial, but haven't yet! You did a wonderful job on this!

K Hutchinson said...

OMG this is adorable! I love the shape and the eyelets for the snaps! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

pescbrico said...

Love it! I will now check my mailbox! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Annie said...

what a cute card and a great idea for the shape!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

In my personal opinion...I think this stamp is PERFECT for a baby card!!..you did an awesome job!!..

~Kelly said...

Adorable!
Love the eyelets as the onesie snaps. Next on my list to try ;)

Corie said...

Awwww -- this is so adorable

BTW -- I tagged you.

Ila said...

This is just So Adorable...I love it. What a Great take on this challeng.

Anonymous said...

It's really adorable ! A good idea for a new baby .
:-)

Tina said...

Absolutely adorable. I have been wanting to try this, but no thought of any new babies in our circle.

Stephanie said...

thanks for the tutorial... I had been shown this card by Jen Beaubien, and posted 2 versions of it! and now I can post the tutorial on my blog also.
yours is much cuter with the snaps :)

Debbie Olson said...

Beth, this is SO sweet! Every time I shop at ATS, I mean to try that, but by the time my cart is full, I've forgotten about it. you did a great job!