Friday, December 28, 2007

Elegant Extract

This darling stamp, by Sandra Evertson, has been patiently waiting for me to use. With the holidays, it has been hard to find the time to sit down and create. Well, today I did just that. I spent the entire day working on my Scrapodex calendar for my office desk. For those of you who are in my area, you will be happy to know Lasting Impressions carries the Scrapodex. I'm addicted to working with these, and will be going back to buy another one to decorate for my studio desk. If you ask nicely, Cathy will even print you off a calendar for a minimal fee. The month of October is just a sneak peak into my yearly calendar. Stay tuned for more.

Elegant Extract was stamped onto watercolour paper with black Stazon, and watercoloured with Tombow markers. How did I achieve all that blended colour? By colouring with the markers and with a #0 brush (winsie teenie tiny brush) I blended the colours with water. Stay tuned for a tutorial on Tombow markers in January. Image was then cut out with an exacto knife and glued to chipboard. October was matted onto polished stone background that I made previously. When I am creating backgrounds, I like to make a lot of extras so that I have them on hand to readily use.

If you have a tutorial that you would like me to prepare for you, please let me know. Have a wonderful day. Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Oh my golly...this is just plain awesome! I love it! I so want to make one of these! You inspire me!

Velta said...

Beth ~ I swear, I do believe this is my favorite post that you have ever done. I love the stamp as it is so very vintage...You inspire me to get out there and look for different stamps. I guess it helps too that Sandra Evertson is one of my idols!! Thanks so much for sharing...I love to get posts from you :) http://impressionsbyv.blogspot.com

Ila said...

What a fun stamp!! I love it and your project. Found a few minutes yesterday to check the great links you posted. In my favorites now to go back to after all the crazinest of the holidays are over.
Happy New Year Beth!!

Godelieve said...

Such a great stamp! I really like how you colored it, perfect!!

CreativeMish said...

What a fun idea for a calendar! Love that little guy!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love this calendar! Hee Hee!
Happy New Year!
Sandra Evertson