Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dragonfly


Hello. Are you having a great week? Thought it was time to get back into using the vibrant colours I so love to use--and neglected.
The first step to making this background involved heat embossing with white embossing powder on glossy cardstock. Next, I brayered colour over top of the entire glossy cardstock. The dragonfly image was restamped on brown cardstock and cut out. Two pop dots are tucked underneath the dragonfly and two gems were glued onto the head to resemble large eyes.
Background blue is Taken With Teal. Dragonfly stamp: Stamper's Anonymous. Diamonds: unknown source. Stamp is acrylic and the brand name was not affixed to set in a permanent manner.
Enjoy your evening.

8 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOWZERS, I just love these colors! I love white embossing powder to..it is so striking! Hope you have a great night!

Thanh Vo said...

This is really pretty Beth!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OH MY GOSH!!..this is soooooo beeeeeautiful, Beth!...love the yummy colors!

Alex said...

Very pretty Beth - love the colors!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stampermom said...

Very pretty, Beth. I have this same stamp. One of my fav's. Hugs.

Leanne said...

Hello I Just Wanted To Say You Have Some Lovely Work..

Keep It Up and Keep Blogging.
Ill Be Back Soon To See More Of Your Lovely Blog. :D

Love Leanne
x

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Thanks for all your inspiration! I have to give this a try...have never done the background technique, but it looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Great card !! I love those stamps we can do so many things with them !
Hugs
LaurenceB