Saturday, February 23, 2008

Kick It Up A Notch Mini Tutorial

Howdy folks. In my recent survey so many of you told me that you would like to see mini tutorials, aside from my regular Tutorial Tuesdays. Today, I am happy to provide you with the first mini tutorial. I bet you all thought my postings were going to slide with me going back to work full-time, but I fooled you!

This is a basic matchbook card and I'm going to demonstrate how to "kick it up a notch" as Emeril would say. Speaking of Emeril, I have two autographed books from Emeril. My name is in them too. My brother-in-law, Steve, was Emeril's business lawyer when Steve worked out of New Orleans. Wasn't that sweet of him? Anyhoo, back to business. For instructions on how to make a matchbook card take a peak here.

Inking around the edges of one, or more, layers adds interest and depth. Dab sponge into colour and swipe it around the edges. The flash of the camera washed out the colour, but believe me, it's really there.

Glue the ever-so-popular gems onto your image.

Remember those ever-so-popular scissors were have stored far back in our drawers or basements? Pull them out and reintroduce them to your studio by cutting fancy corners on your papers. I use mine all the time now.

Pop dots, pop dots, pop dots. There is a reason for this craze--it adds so, so much to your card.


Notice all the layers? Even the sentiment works as an embellishment. Don't forget about all those unused sentiments you might have kicking around. Notice how the brads and gems match the cardsock and designer paper? Again, it is another little touch that goes a long way.


Have fun kicking your cards up a notch.

9 comments:

pescbrico said...

Great tips! Thanks for taking the time to do a tutorial!

Alex said...

this is awesome Beth!! Love it - TFS! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

K Hutchinson said...

WHY OH WHY do you do this to me! You know this is my favorite SU set and I do not have it! You are going to have me ordering it! Great tips and fun project! I most get of the computer and to my studio...you are inspiring me...plus my new stamps arrived!

Tami Bayer said...

You do know how to add so many special touches. Thanks for taking us through it step by step.

Maria said...

Beautiful card Beth! It's beautiful and I love all dimensions to the elements of your card! Everything "pops" with your card. Great job!

Maria

Corie said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS -- thanks so much for all the tutorials!!

Kanani said...

What a fun tutorial. Thanks!

The Crafty Goddess

Ila said...

I love this tutorial Beth!! ...just adore that flower and all the dimension in your card!!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Beth thanks for taking time to share your tutorials. It's great to learn new tips from you.