Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Do Not Disturb

Today I have a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my stamp'n room door. Okay, maybe not literally, but everyone knows not to disturb me today because I'm on a stamp'n blitz. I haven't had the opportunity to stamp in days, and I'm feeling a little tense, so I'm not going to go to the beach, I'm not going to the grocery store (okay, so we have to have grilled cheese -- sorry, Don), and I'm not going for a walk. It's my day to play -- LOL!!



Today is Splitcoast Stamper's Sketch Challenge day and this is what I made. I so love the Magnolia line of papers; they are so bright and cheerful. The magenta and red papers are Magnolia, and the purple is S.U. I ran the plain magenta paper through my Cuttlebug and placed it on the right hand side of my card front. Next, I used my Close to my Heart "Alfresco" stamp and S.U. Perfect Plum ink pad, to create a flower bloom. Unfortunately, in this photo you cannot see the dark centre pop up (I used a pop dot). Because the card was a little plain, I felt it needed something more, so I added a stem and leaf, and finished the design off with ribbon. It is a rare day when I don't add ribbon to a card. Even the men in my life get ribbon on their cards. Did you know that there is even military camiflage ribbon? Yup, and I used it for my step-son's birthday card, wishing him well in his military life. Okay, better go and finish more cards...

5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

What a cute card, so bright and cheery!

Tami Bayer said...

Have fun today...great cheerful card.

K Hutchinson said...

I love this card! The flower stamps is way to fun! Great colors!

~K

marja said...

what a lovely card Beth with this flower!!!!


marja

StampHappy said...

Beautiful card, I really like the bright paper too. The flower is just lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog!