Friday, June 29, 2007
Here is my card I did for Tami's challenge. She asked us to make a card using metalics. Right away I knew I had to use my Big Pieces set. Since I am on a roll with the gate card, I decided to make a gate card for this challenge. My card was based in black with copper paper on the gate folds. On top of the gate folds I created a decorative flap by placing various circles on black cardstock. Wanting to add a unique look, I made hinges by covering a piece of paper with Versamark and embossed in gold. The gold paper was trimmed and bent in the centre to create a spine. Brads were inserted where screws would be placed in a real hinge. Hinges were adhered to cardstock with double-sided tape because it needed a strong bond. Circles were adhered to the flap with sticky tabs and with pop up dots.
I created metalic circles by doing the following:
- Embossed with black on black paper, then painted with Pearl-Ex powders
- Stamped with ColorBox metallics
- Embossed with gold powder
- Embossed with gold powder, then painted with Pearl-Ex powder
- Embossed black on copper paper
Options were endless with this versatile set.
This next piece has to be the funniest story out there. It reveals just how crazy us stampers are, as we wait for the new catty to come out. Thanks Barb for the laugh!
To: Drivers and Security
Date: June 20th , 2007
Subject: Crazy Stampin'Up! Ladies
This time of the year has come around once again. Stampin'Up! is releasing the New Idea Book and Catalog. Please be extremely cautious of Stampin' Up! demonstrators (SUDs) for the next two weeks.
Watch out for the following:
1. At the distribution centers, please be on the lookout for SUDs. In the past they have been known to cut fences and sneak inside covered with close to cocoa ink in hopes of blending in with the trucks.
2. The ladies have been known to run after your trucks. If they catch you and ask if you have a "package" for them, be careful with your answer. They do not take "no" for an answer. If you do not have it, just say "I will double check in the back" and turn and run as fast as you can to your truck and drive away. Do not turn back and look, just keep going until you are a safe distance away.
3. They have also been know to drive up next to you at a stop light in their mini vans and SUVs and ask if you have a package for them. Turn up your radio and pretend you cannot hear them. Do not let them approach your delivery truck at an intersection. SUDs have been know to stop traffic and throw all your packages off the trucks until they find their new Idea Book and catalog.
How to Deliver the New Idea Book and Catalog
1. Be sure you have fixed your squeaky brakes, If not - park your truck two blocks away so the SUD can not hear you coming.
2. Put in your earplugs and secure your safety glasses.
3. If you see children looking out the window, put your finger up to your lips and say "SHHHH".. They are on a "lookout" for you and are being paid to "alert" their mothers (SUDs) when they see you coming to the door.
4. Approach the front door and very quietly, set the package down in front of the door (Make sure you place it in FRONT so when she opens the door, the box will be in the way and give you a little more time to escape).
5. Back up as far as you can and reach for the doorbell, (BE READY TO RUN !!!). Ring the doorbell and make a mad dash back to your truck and drive away....DO NOT LOOK BACK !!!
The UPS corporation is informing you of this because in the past years, SUDs have been known to scream at the top of their lungs with excitement and try to tackle you with hugs for delivering their catalogs. After you have been smothered with appreciation for getting them their catalogs on time, watch out for flying packaging material as they will open up the box before you have had a chance to leave, or they have gone inside.
Best of luck to you with this mission, and remember...
Let's Be Safe Out There!!!!