Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I love sunflowers



I love sunflowers (as if you can't tell -- ROFWL). When I saw this Inkadinkado image, it "spoke to me" (learned that saying from my girlfriend - LOL). It said, "go outside of the box", and so I did. I embossed this image with black, on black paper (as if you couldn't tell), and painted the image with Pearl-Ex powders. Each of the 20 cards I painted were unique from each other--a bit of pink here, a deeper shade of green there, and I love them all. Each image called for their own colour of matting, depending on the look of the background. After I matted and placed the image onto the card front, I added a Stampendous "Sympathy" sticker, ribbon, and three mosaic tiles rather than the usual brads. Now, if I can just figure out how to add a dragonfly to that sunflower!

6 comments:

Swamp Tulip said...

So pretty. I love this image.

Teresa

mum-on-the-run said...

Beautiful card, it's so pretty

ancient clown said...

Blessings:

You seem like a very crafty lady. I would like to extend this GIFT to you.
"To give a person a tree is to give them a present, but to teach a person how to make a tree is a gift for life."
your humble servant,
ancient clown

Shabbychick Junk said...

OH my gosh, just STUNNING! STUNNING~! Jaw hanging open, here!

Allison Rankin said...

Great colored image!

Corie said...

WOW what an amazing card. It took my breath away.