Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blogger Challenge



Isn't this bunny just the cutest? I love him so much. For Maria's challenge I had to make a trifold card. This was my first attempt at making a "gate" card, and I quite like it. The image was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured with the following: Tombow watercolour markers, watercolour pencil crayons (both were blended with brush and water) and regular pencil crayons. Why? Because I don't have Gamasol for my sparce number of Prismacolour pencil crayons and I only have a package of 8 watercolour pencil crayons. Thank heavens for my painting background; it gave me the knowledge to shade in various portions of the image while maintaining a professional look. I felt this image needed a picnic look and the only red or black checked paper I had on hand was this nine year old scrapbooking paper that is too out-of-date to use in my scrapbooks. To finish off the card I used this ladybug ribbon. Thanks, Maria, for the inspiration.

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, it is very pretty, your are talented.

Stacy Sheldon said...

ooh this is so totally cute!
I love everything about this one Beth.
( oh did you know you can get colorless blender pencils at micheals?) ( I like this better then the gamso as i am pretty klutzy some days)

Corie said...

WOW -- another fabulous card. Great "coloring" BTW.

marja said...

WOW beth.............. what a lovely sweet card!!!!!
i love it!

marja

Maria said...

Hi Beth! I love your card! That bunny is such a cutie! YOu did a wonderful job on coloring this cute little guy! The plaid background really works well with the theme of your card!

Thank you for participating in my TIC - your card is posted on my Card Inspired blog site!!

Maria

Rika said...

This is pretty!