Sunday, July 8, 2007

4 Square Challenge



Well it's Sunday, and today I'm going to a big family reunion. Turnout should be 100+. It is a hot and sunny day. Perfect for the beach and games.

Today's Caardvark challenge is to use four squares on your card. That definitely called for my four square stamp from The Artful Stamper, which is located right here in southern Ontario. Several techniques were used with this stamp: top left and bottom two squares were coloured with Tombow markers and blended with brush and water, and the top right square was coloured directly onto the rubber, with a Tombow marker and then spray misted before pressing down the image. Images were stamped on watercolour paper. Pop up dots were used to lift the images from the card front.

I love to paint and use Tombow markers and watercolour pencil crayons. I have watercolour crayons but have yet to use them. If you have any painted cards that you would like showcased, just send me a link and I will post them on my blog with a link back to your blog.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beth! I love Artful Stamper too! Love this card design! It sounds to me like we live in the same area! Hope you are enjoying today despite the heat! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful card!...I did a very similar layout but promise I didn't peak first...I guess it is common for those of us who are trying to maximize our stamping space.
Have a terrific day with family!...Jan

K Hutchinson said...

Love the colors you used! You did a great job coloring them in! I have only used my watercolor crayons to do my backgrounds will have to try to use them to color an image next!

Hope you enjoy your time with the family! That is a lot people! What fun!

~K

Corie said...

love the color combo.

Maria said...

Beautiful card Beth! The colors you used are beautiful! As for the Watercolor crayons. . .you should try them, they're great. They're softer than the pencils so they are easier to blend.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card!

Hope you have a great day!

Maria