Monday, July 23, 2007

Pushing Up Daisies

Good afternoon. Did everyone have a great weekend? Boy was I busy with Sarnia's Bayfest where I volunteered in the beer tent. Big names were brought into town for a four day concert: Toby Keith, Aerosmith, and Def Leppard. On Sunday some of the volunteers got together for a barbecue to celebrate the success of the event. Now it's Monday, and into my weekly routine.

Today's card was made for Maria's challenge where she asked us to make a card with a photo. I was extremely stumped until I saw a photo of daisies. Having just made a few watercolour images on glossy cardstock, I knew that I had to pair the two together. My watercolour inspiration came from Penelope, whose blog I recently discovered. Penelope isn't afraid to experiment, and her cards are gorgeous.

Take a peak at Maria's site for more photo-inspired cards. You won't be disappointed. Maria did a lovely card with a photo of her daughter, and she plans to give them to her one day when she is all grown up. How special.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great day.

4 comments:

Ila said...

Totally Wonderful Card! love those daisies!

marja said...

wow beth...
wat a lovely daisies card!!!
so great and so cute!!!!!!!

marja

Corie said...

This card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Can you tell how much I like it with all my capital letters? I LOVE this card.

Maria said...

Thanks Beth for participating in my challenge. Your card is absolutely lovely as always!

Maria