Friday, July 6, 2007
Watch out folks, today you are in for a brightly coloured treat. My inspiration for today's cards came from Caardvarks (is that Canadian Advarks or C-aa-rdvarks--ROFWL). This gorgeous paper and punch out sheet paper, from Bo-Bunny, was earmarked for my scrapbook, but when I opened my drawer and saw the bright colours, I knew right away that I just had to work with this paper. After selecting Big Pieces and my colour scheme, I embossed in a variety of colours. I thought the flourish punch-out resembled a flower stem so I turned my Big Pieces into a whole bunch of brightly-coloured flowers. What do you think--does it look like a flower? To finish off the card I added brads, ribbon and "Wish You The Best" from the Rivet set.
This second card is known as a criss cross card. If you would like a tutorial visit here. My card measures 6 1/2 x 5 inches. Isn't this colourful paper from Bo-Bunny the greatest?! It is double-sided so the card back is as pretty as the front.
FIVE THINGS I LEARNED TODAY:
1. Keep a variety of coloured-cardstock on hand--even if you think you will never use it.
2. It is extremely beneficial to live across the street from a scrapbook store, especially when you need "just one small thing."
3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cool Carribean matches with everything!
4. When you only have a limited amount of embossing powders, stamp your image with coloured ink and emboss with clear powder.
5. Do not glue any pieces down until the very end.
Have a good weekend everyone.