Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Old Fashioned Birthday Wishes

Since today is Tuesday I will be doing several challenges that are posted in blog land. The first challenge today is over at Caardvark's where they challenged us to make a 6 x 6 card. It is not my usual style to make a card with those dimensions so I took my ruler to my stamp drawer to see what I could come up with. Sitting on the top of my stamps was this old fashioned car, along with other old fashioned cars and trucks, that I purchased at a flea market for 50 cents. Masculine cards are a challenge for me, so I thought these sturdy cardboard images would be perfect for the men in my life. Using vintage scrapbook paper, I muddied the paper with a brown ink-pad, and added brads and an old key. "Old Fashioned Birthday Wishes" were typed out on the computer, muddied with a carmel coloured ink-pad, and glued on the card front.

Well, I'm off to the beach with my daughter and then she is treating me to a manicure and pedicure as an early birthday present. I love these girl days together. Hope you enjoy your day too.

5 comments:

Stacy Sheldon said...

That really surprise me that you don't do 6X6 on a regular basis... ( I tend to buy that big scrapper cardstock to cut in half for cards all the time.) :)

This turned out pretty dang Cool Beth!
have a beautiful time with your dd.

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, I struggle with Masculine cards too.

Hope you had a great day with your DD

Corie said...

GREAT guy card. They are always the most difficult. Yours is fantastic!!

michelle sturgeon said...

Oh, wow, stunning card!

Maria said...

Beth your card is a wonderful "masculine" card". It's not over done. . .considering men prefer "simple cards". . .you did an excellent job with the design.

Maria