Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Happiness Always

Good morning all! Today's card was inspired from Splitcoast Stamper's Colour Challenge, using Old Olive, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink.

Pretty in Pink was embossed with my Cuttlebug, and Old Olive was stamped with a Castaway pad. For those of you who are not family with the Castaway pad, it is an amazing pad that bleaches out the image, without the mess of using real bleach. Stamp your image, let it dry, then heat with a hot iron. Coincidentally, the image bleached out in a Pretty in Pink colour. I'd love to say I had that planned, but I won't--LOL.

For the image, I used the flower from the Happy Harmony set. Using the same technique as yesterday's card, I misted my stamp, then coloured with watercolour crayons, and stamped onto glossy cardstock. Once dry, I sprayed the image with a sealer to prevent the image from smudging. Pop up dots were adhered to give the card some added dimension.

Finally, a decorative corner was cut from my Cuttlebug, and adhered with a glue stick. Old Olive ribbon was tied, and finally, "Happiness Always" was stamped directly onto Old Olive cardstock.

14 comments:

Corie said...

These two are gorgeous too. OH I might need to CASE these. Love them

Ila said...

Wow! These cards are both Beautiful! I have never heard of a Castaway pad...sounds great...I'm going to have to look for one. TFS.

Maria said...

Wow Beautiful cards!! That Castaway pad is now on my wish list for sure. I really love your cards. . .great job on the color combo!

Maria

K Hutchinson said...

WOW these are really stunning! Love the colors and the LO!

~K

Janny said...

wooow what a beautifull things you make!
thanks for your nice comments on my blog!

shuggy said...

cute cards. and love the new colors!!!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the cards, they are great, the emobssing and color combo.

Sharon in NE said...

My first reaction was "Wow!". And I see there were four comments ahead of me that started out with "Wow". I guess that was the general reaction in seeing your cards!

Karen said...

great cards! Love your blog

Suzi said...

Beautiful cards!! I think I need a castaway pad now. It's really not messy like bleach?? Way Cool

Rose Ann said...

Your cards are so very beautiful! Wow!

marja said...

goodmorning Beth.


These cards are so BEAUTIFUL!!!

I love the colours!!!
It's a great card Beth!!!!!

Marja

Oblibby said...

Loveley cards. Pink and green are great together. I love the way you've photographed them too (especially the one on the easel).

Lisa xoxo

Andrea, said...

You have some beautiful cards on your blog but I especially like these two. I just love the pink and green combination.